Wednesday, December 20, 2017

24 weeks (December 2017)

It's been awhile.
Like over a year since I last posted something here. I figured it was about time to update everyone. I announced that we were expecting a couple months ago and then left it at that. And several dear friends are asking for updates. And a lot is happening. 

So the quick (maybe not so quick) update is.. all is well! 


1. We're pregnant! (In case you didn't know). I am currently 24 weeks along with our miracle baby girl (Lucy)! We have had about 20ish ultrasounds and too many hours sitting in a waiting room to count. Being high risk is no joke. But I'm not complaining because we get to see our wiggly little girl almost every week! 
When we first found out we were expecting (which is a whole post on it's own) we were given the option of genetic testing. After praying and fasting about this we decided to opt out. The test was a CVS (Chorionic villus sampling) where a needle would be inserted into to placenta to test the fluid and baby's DNA and that comes with a risk of miscarriage. This test would not be able to catch what Charlotte had but it could get pretty close.



           Side profile: Owen's nose, lips and little arm in front of her face.


After stressing and crying over it, I decided it was to much of a risk for nothing. Even if we found some horrible problem we wouldn't abort this baby. Instead we took a fairly common chromosome test. A week later our genetic counselor called and told us we were all clear. She told us that this baby was healthy and happy and it was also.. A GIRL! So after crying about that for awhile, I called friends and family and let them all know. (This was all happening around 8 weeks along)

She is doing well and now, I am too. I have been miserably sick up until about last week. We are already in love with her and she is talked to and about daily. Honestly, we are waiting for something to go wrong. It sounds bad but it feels weird for everything to be going right. We are so used to walking out of the ultrasound room with our heads down and tears in our eyes and this time has been so different. Chris and I practically skip out of the hospital every week. I want to tell every stranger I see that our baby has a really good possibility of living! We feel so lucky.

My due date is April 19th but we will be having her about a month early so sometime the week of March 19th. Because of the cesarean I had with Charlotte I am not able (allowed) to go into labor. or have any contractions. Apparently uterine ruptures are a real thing. So she will be taken via cesarean section at 36 weeks. Which again, no complaining over here. We are thrilled!

Several friends have asked if I am scared or if I feel nervous and the answer is not really. When we first found out I was pregnant I asked Heavenly Father for peace during this pregnancy. And then I (morbidly) asked that if I was going to lose this baby, to lose it soon. Sounds harsh but that's my reality.

 Since we passed the 20 week mark, I feel confident about her staying. We have slowly started buying things but still feel uneasy. It's weird. I really try to be as positive as I can but I don't want to be so positive that I forget something could go wrong. All of the little things I have gotten for her are in a box in our extra room. I guess this is what you'd call hopefully optimistic.

*And her name is Lucy. No middle name yet. We had a list of names and Lucy was not on it. Actually, it might have been.. I can't remember. If it was, it was at the bottom. Anyway, after being pretty set on a different name I had a dream one night that her name was Lucy. It woke me up. So I brought it up to Chris and he loved it. (As much as you can picture Chris showing excitement). We told Owen and he said "Ugh, are we sure about that?". He has come around to it now and says goodbye to her every time I drop him off at school.

And that's the update for now! Sorry if I haven't gotten back to you personally. It really is so nice to know friends love and care. So sorry I'm a brat and haven't made time to blog until now.



1 comment:

  1. So so happy for you... 💗💗💗💗 Your story has touched me so much over the years and although we don’t know one another personally I am so thrilled for you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

24 weeks (December 2017)

It's been awhile. Like over a year since I last posted something here. I figured it was about time to update everyone. I announced tha...